Information from The Scottish Welfare Fund and the Financial and Welfare Support Team on support available for families and for the over 60s
FINANCIAL INCLUSION & WELFARE SUPPORT TEAM (FIWS)
Benefit Advice If You Are Over 60
- Do you have any health issues, The Council has a dedicated team who can help make a claim for any entitlement you may have to disability benefits such as Personal Independence Payments, Attendance Allowance, Employment Support Allowance? Or Pension Credit which allows over 75s to still qualify for free TV Licence
- This could give you extra money to spend, to help with any daily costs you have, such as cleaners, gardeners, taxis or anything else that improves your health and wellbeing.
- Nobody needs to be caring for you to receive these health benefits
This service is free and confidential
Our team will provide you with
- Expert welfare benefit advice
- Help with the benefit claim process
- Currently we are unable to deliver our service face to face, but we can still provide an excellent service for you over the phone
Tel: 030 33 33 3008
SCOTTISH WELFARE FUND
Are you facing exceptional financial pressures during this time?
Are you struggling to make ends meet, due to reduced hours, furloughed?
- • kids eating you out of house and home
- • struggling to keep the cupboards and freezers full
- • spending more on electricity
Do not be put off if you have previously applied.
If you have answered yes to any or all or the above, we can give you some money to help.
This is a grant and you do not need to pay it back.
The quickest and easiest way to apply for the CASH is by using our on-line application dumgal.gov.uk/scottishwelfarefund
If you don’t have online access don’t worry, you can phone the Council’s call centre on 030 33 33 3007 and one of the team will phone you back and take the application over the phone for you.
Tel: 030 33 33 3007